Weekly Supper Planning

Well, I do meal plan for supper, so I think it's about time I share my menus with everyone. I am starting this 2 days late, but hey! better late than never!

Here is how I meal plan for supper for the family:
First off, I start my supper planning on Saturday mornings for the entire week. I grocery shop on the weekend, so I create a list of 7 suppers that start from Saturday until the following Friday.

I have this tendancy to over buy things, so I go through our freezers and our pantry to find all the "extra" foods I have bought. Now mind you, we have half a cow in our one freezer, so we have lots of beef. I create meals out of those foods first. I have a gigantic recipe book with all my recipes that I have collected from friends, family, and the internet. I pretty much have 3 recipes per page, and there are a whole bunch of pages!


Ok, so we see "the book" it's huge, right! All right, first I start off with extra food... then I move onto the kids. I like to at least try and make something they will eat during the week. I love to cook and I cook so many new things ( I am so not a "meat and potatoes" for every supper kind of gal!), I try and give them a hand in picking something they want. When I hear Peanut Butter and Jelly over and over though, I tend to skip it and pick something that sounds good to me, haha... I also try and give my husband a choice of what he would like. His favorites that I hear over and over again are Chicken and Biscuits, Pierogies sauteed with onion and butter,  Chicken Noodle Soup, or Mexican Bubble Pizza (in which I just realized I have not posted a recipe for yet). So, again, no variety there, haha.. Then, I just pick everything I would like to make that sounds good to me anyway, and then go shopping! :oP And then (yes, there are a lot of and thens around here!), I get busy, and my suppers on this weeks menu get moved to the following week! I also make way to much food, so we have to eat leftovers sometime!

Weekly Supper Menu Planning

Saturday- We had leftover chinese food that we ordered out from Friday. After all that turkey, I wanted something different!

Sunday- Country Fried Cube Steak, Augratin Potatoes (from a box. This is one of the "extra" items I have had in my pantry for awhile now), peas and corn

Monday- Addicting Chicken Tetrazinni (I used leftover turkey instead), salad


Wednesday- Beef Stew --Another CrockPot Beef Stew and CrockPot Beef Stew
( I have so much beef in my freezer, I need to take it out and cut some into stew meat. I actually bought the McCormick seasoning packet to make my stew with this time. I want to see how the flavors taste. I like their packets. There are no preseratives and no msg, and my kids seem to like their flavors. I will add potatoes, carrots and celery)

Thursday- Leftovers from this week

Friday- Pizza Night. I am lazy lately and have been buying Walmarts cheese pizzas and then fixing them up for ourselves at home. The kids just eat pepperoni, but I add tomatoes, onions, green peppers, garlic powder and extra basil to ours.



Comments