Crockpot Beef Stew

I cannot do much, so I am making crockpot Beef Stew for supper tonight. I am being ambitious with the fact that I am still so sore! I made sure to get it ready before my kids left for school so I had some help doing things. Anyway, here you go! Delish!


The Menu:Crockpot Beef Stew



The Original Recipe:I think this is just something I do.

Crockpot Beef Stew

1 1/2 lb. stew meat (you can use beef or pork)
24 oz. tomatos pureed (or tomato sauce)
4 cups water
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 carrots, chopped
6 small potatoes, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 package beefy onion soup mix (Lipton)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. oregano
2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with enough water to look a bit runny OR you can add a can of cream of mushroom soup with the other ingredients in the begining and skip the last part of the directions for the cornstartch. I do either or depending on what I feel like.

In 6 quart crockpot combine all ingredients. cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4-5 hours until meat is tender and potatoes are done. During last half hour of cooking, turn on high, add cornstartch mixture to thicken to stew like consistancy. You may add more if it isn't quite thick enough. I find flour curddles on me, so I use cornstartch.

Comments