Addicting Chicken Tetrazinni

The Menu:Addicting Chicken Tetrazinni



The Way I Made it My Own:
Ok, I got this out of my cookbook (Favorite Brand Names-The Best Loved Casseroles), but I already have it saved in files with my changes to it. So, I do not have the original saved on my computer. However, I say that this is just addicting enough, for me to call it my own name! :o)
Addicting Chicken Tetrazinni

Ingredients:
8oz. Thin noodles, cooked
2 cups Chicken cubed
2 tsp. Butter
6 Green onions chopped
8 oz. Pkg. mushrooms sliced
1 cup Milk divided
1/4 cup Flour
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
2 tablespoons Dry sherry
1/8 tsp. White pepper
4 tablespoons Grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 cup Sour cream
1 can Reduced fat and sodium chicken broth (or 1 cup water and 1 tsp. chicken bullion)


Preparation
Preheat oven 350 degrees.

cook chicken, add salt and pepper taste. Place in 8x11 casserole dish to reserve.

In same pan add butter, onion, and mushrooms. Saute until onions are soft. Add chicken broth, sherry, and 1/2 cup milk.


In seperate bowl combine the other 1/2 cup milk, flour, 2 tbls. cheese, nutmeg and pepper. Mix to combine.

Slowly add mixture to bubbling pot, stir constantly until thickened. Add Sour Cream.


Add in chicken and noodles. Place back in 8x11 baking dish, sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly hot.
***UPDATE:
I recently made this in the crockpot and it turned out fantastic. I cooked the noodles seperately to very aldente, and then added it to the crockpot. I left the lid off for it to thicken while it cooled, and it was perfect!! Yumalicious!!

Comments