Chicken Noodle Soup

Well, I don't have a recipe to share. We are essentially having leftovers. OK, well, I guess I can share my chicken noodle soup recipe, in which we are eating as leftovers. It is my own; it's just your basic run-of-the-mill soup.

The Menu:
Chicken Noodle Soup

My Own Recipe:
OK, well, I probably learned to cook this somewhere along the way to growing up. I am almost positive I started doing this after I really wanted to cook a semi-home made soup for the family. I would have to think my step mom had a lot to do with teaching me, or it might have been me watching from the side lines as she cooked, either way, it is yummy!

Chicken Noodle soup
Ingredients:
2 Chicken breast on bone
1/8 tsp each celery seed and minced onion flakes
1 cup Carrots chopped
1 cup Celery chopped
1 Medium onion chopped
1 Bay leaf
1 Garlic clove chopped
1 tsp. Poultry Seasoning
1 1/2 tsp. Herb Ox chicken bullion powder
5 cups Water (or more)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pkg. whole wheat noodles

Preparation:
Place chicken in tall pot and cover with water. Add celery seed and dried minced onion flakes. Lightly boil until chicken starts to fall off the bone. You may have to add more water to the pot. Remove chicken and bones (do not drain water) and shred chicken and place back in broth.
Add all ingredients to water, except noodles. Cover and lightly boil for about 30 min. until carrots are tender. Add noodles and boil 6 minutes. Serve

Comments