Fresh Quinoa Salad



 I have a lot of veggies that I need to use, so this dish was thrown together today. So thrown together, in fact, that I measured my oil wrong and ended up with one slick salad.That's what I get for trying to measure baking ingredients for cupcakes and prepping lunch at the same time! 😂

I would venture to say you could possibly even leave out the oil and just squeeze some fresh lemon juice all over this dish and it would still be amazing!! I'm also pretty sure kalamata olives would taste great in this dish too!


Fresh Quinoa Salad
1/2 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 purple onion, diced
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 small English cucumber, chopped
Dressing:
1 tsp. Basil paste (found in produce section)
3 tbls EVOO or Avacado oil
1/8 tsp salt (may want to omit if using feta)
1 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs. apple cider vinegar
Garnish:
Feta cheese (optional).
Red chili flakes (optional)
In small bowl combine dressing ingredients and whisk well. Set aside. Mix chickpeas, quinoa, onion, tomatoes and cucumber in large bow. Pour in dressing and mix gently coating everything. Chill for 1 hour before serving. Garnish with Red Chili flakes for some spice or some feta cheese or both!

Comments