Hot Pepper Butter

I don't know why it has this name. It isn't really a butter. It is VERY good though. It has a mustardy taste to it, and it's sweet. It tastes good on ham sandwhiches, too. You all know that I was a canning fool this year! I was told that if you take an 8oz. jar of this stuff and put it on a roast and cook it all day long that it turns out "wonderful." I am going to try it! I will let you all know how it turns out once I do!


The Menu:
Hot Pepper Butter



The Original Recipe:
I got this from a lady at our church

Hot Pepper Butter

18 hot peppers

16 oz. prepared mustard

16 oz. white vinigar

3 cups white sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

3/4 cup water

1/2 cup flour


Blend hot peppers in blender until finley chopped (stems removed). Pour into a pot and add mustard, vinigar, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil. In seperate bowl mix flour and water together until flour is disolved. Add to pot. Bring to a boil and stir for 5 minutes. Place in 8oz. jars and to a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Makes about 10 jars.

Comments