Asian Glazed Drumsticks

The Menu:
Asian Glazed Drumsticks


The Original Recipe:
I had some drumsticks/thigh pieces that I wanted to use with a different recipe. I have used them in Butter Baked Chicken which is one of my kids favorites. I just wanted something different. This was good. My kids were weird about the bone in chicken this time for some reason though. They were very juicy and not dried out at all. We loved the sauce though. It tastes good on rice. I get to impatient for sauces to reduce though. I wonder if the flavor would of been stronger if I would have actually taken the time to wait for the sauce to reduce. I ended up adding some cornstarch to it. Still good though! Enough to share!


Asian Glazed Drumsticks


via skinnytaste.com via JDTMamma


8 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed

Pam spray oil

1 cup water

1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (more or less to taste)

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar

1/2 cup soy sauce

4 tsp agave nectar (or sugar)

3 cloves garlic

1 tsp ginger, grated

2 tbsp chives or scallions, chopped

1 tsp sesame seeds



In a heavy large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil. Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, agave, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes. Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8 minutes until it becomes a thick glaze, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don't want it to burn when it start becoming thick) Transfer chicken to a platter and pour glaze on top. Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve.

Comments

Brooke said…
This looks like something my family would totally love! Especially DH with the hot sauce...