Bacon-Ranch Green Beans

The Menu:
Bacon-Ranch Green Beans

The Original Recipe:
I found this on Menus4Moms.com. They went perfectly with our porkchops we had last night, but I think they would go with any pork main dish. They were good, and my non-vegetable eater looooved them!

Bacon Ranch Green Beans

1 (16oz.) pkg. frozen green beans
2 tbs. butter
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled or Real bacon bits

In a skillet, saute the green beans in butter. Add the salad dressing mix and toss to coat. Just before serving, sprinkle in the bacon and mix.

The Way I Made It My Own:
I of couse didn't follow the directions. I couldn't find a packet of Ranch anywhere. I thought I had one, but I didn't. So, I used about 1/3 cup of prepared Ranch from the bottle. It made it creamy and delicious with the bacon (which made my kids adore this side dish!). I broke down and bought the real bacon bits, too. I don't normally do things like that, but just this one time I thought it was ok, and it was and we lived and we loved it. :)

Bacon Ranch Green Beans

1 (16oz.) pkg. frozen green beans
2 tbs. butter
1/3 cup Ranch Dressing (in bottle)
1 small pack Real bacon bits

In a skillet, saute the green beans in butter. Add the salad dressing and toss to coat. Just before serving, sprinkle in the bacon and mix.

Comments