Unbelievable Apple Pie

The Menu:
Unbelievable Apple Pie


The Original Recipe:
I have so many apples!! I found this recipe online at food.com, and I do think it turned out well. It needed a liquid mixed in with the apples. It didn't say to add any liquid and my pie was drying out. I had to think fast and I actually added some water to the top of my pie while it was baking! YIKES!! It turned out well though, but I have a way to make it better. The Way I Made it My Own follows this one... much better!!

Unbelievable Apple Pie


Prep Time: 20 mins Total Time: 55 mins Serves: 1 Ingredients

1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
3 -4 cups granny smith apples, sliced
1 (3 1/2 ounce) packages coconut cream pudding mix or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packages French vanilla pudding mix

Topping

1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
 1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions

In mixing bowl, combine apples and pie/pudding mix; toss to coat well.

Place in unbaked pie crust.

In small bowl, mix all topping ingredients until it's crumbly.

Sprinkle over apples and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes until topping is golden brown and pie is bubbly.

(Try different pudding mixes and fruits for different flavors) I serve it with a scoop of butter pecan or rum raisin ice cream.

 
The Way I Made It My Own:
Ok, so this is the way this pie should be made!!
Don't forget to make my Home Made Pie Crust to go with it!
 
Unbelievable Caramel Apple Pie

1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust

5/6 baking apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin

1 (3 1/2 ounce) package butterscotch pudding

1/8 cup apple juice (or water)

Topping

1/4 cup butter, room temp
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice)

 Directions

In mixing bowl, combine apples, juice and pudding mix; toss to coat well.

Place in unbaked pie crust.

In small bowl, mix all topping ingredients until it's crumbly.

Sprinkle over apples and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes until topping is golden brown and pie is bubbly.

Comments

Prairie Mother said…
I love reading your blog. I especially enjoy the way you post the original and your version of the recipes. I'll have to try this one for Thanksgiving dinner! YUM!
4*KowBoys said…
Thank you, I am glad you enjoy the blog!! I hope the pie turns out wonderfully for your dinner!!
Krystal said…
that looks beautiful! gotta love those quick moments to 'fix' a recipe! :)

-Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com