Stir-Fried Shrimp with Garlic and Chile Sauce

Bring on the shrimp! My family loves shrimp (aside from hubby who could go with out, but he will eat it if it is there), so I tried something new last night and it was pretty good. I realized I must like sweet and sour dishes more so than what this dish turned out to be, but it was still good. You cannot go wrong with garlic and spice!

The Menu:
Stir-Fried Shrimp with Garlic and Chile Sauce
Fried Rice



The Original Recipe:
I found this in a Cooking Light magazine. I ripped it out and stuck it in my home made cookbook to try... and last night was the perfect night!



Stir-Fried Shrimp with Garlic and Chile Sauce


1/2 cup fat free less-sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1 tbls. canola oil
1 1/2 lb. large shimp, peeled and deveined
2 tbls. minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely chopped
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
1/2 tsp. dark sesame oil


Directions:
Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add canola oil to pan. Add shrimp to pan; stir fry 1 minute or until shrimp begin to turn pink. Add garlic, ginger and jalapeno; stir fry 1 minute. Stir in broth mixture; cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done and sauce is thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in onions and sesame oil. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.

* I used red pepper flakes instead of the jalapeno.

My Fried Rice (<-- click here)

Comments