Greek Chicken and Veggies (Crockpot)

The Menu:
Greek Chicken and Veggies (Crockpot)

The Original Recipe:
I have another recipe that I created to grill Greek Chicken and then to make Greek Lemon flavored Rice with Spinach (I will have to post it separate!).  I wanted a crockpot recipe for this particular day, and this is what I came up with. I started with frozen skinless chicken breast, and I forgot the extra water that it adds, so my picture looks more like soup because I added extra liquid, but it was DELICIOUS!!

Greek Chicken and Veggies in Crockpot

4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
3 potatoes, cubed
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup green beans
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup Lemon juice
1 tablespoon Oregano (I think I added a few shakes of Rosemary too)
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Place chicken in the bottom of crockpot. In small bowl, combine broth, juice, garlic and seasonings. Next in crockpot add potatoes, then carrots and finally green beans on top. You want to keep it in layers... Pour the juice all over the veggies and let it soak down in. Cover and cook on low 6 hours. Chicken will be juicy and fall apart tender and veggies will be delicious!! Serve with a slotted spoon or just drink the juice! It's delicious!

Comments