Sloppy Joe Casserole

The Menu:
Sloppy Joe Casserole
 

The Original Recipe:
I found this on Pillsbury Family Favorite Casseroles cookbook I have saved on the computer. It was surprisingly good. I don't usually use canned goods, but I happened to have some on hand from our big move we made this summer. Quick suppers are good suppers!

Sloppy Joe Casserole

1lb. ground beef
1/2 cup sliced green onion
1 can sloppy joe sandwich sauce
1 can mexicorn whole kernel corn, read and green peppers, undrained
1 can Pillsbury Golden Layers refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. In large skillet, brown ground beef with onions; drain. Stir in sandwich sauce and corn. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.

2. Spoon mixture into ungreased 1 to 1 1/2 quart casserole. Seperate dough into 5 biscuits; cut each in half. Arrange, cut side down, around outside edge of hot mixture with sides of biscuits touching.

3. Bake 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown.

*I added some Adobo seasonings. It tasted a bit "mexicanish" to me, so it went well to just bump up the flavor. I also cut the biscuits in fours and spread it out overtop of the casserole to bake.

Comments