Crockpot Hoison Pork Wrap

The Menu:
Crockpot Hoison Pork Wraps
 

The Original Recipe:
I have some pork roasts that I wasn't sure what to do with them. I used one of them in this recipe. It was very good. My kids were iffy about it, but they still ate their wrap. I could see using a lettuce leaf as the wrap, too, but we just used plain 'ol tortillas. I also added a splash of siracha to mine!

Hoison Pork Wrap

2 lb. pork roast
5 tbls. Hoison sauce
1 tbls. grated ginger root
1 tsp. 5 spice powder
2 garlic cloves, minced

For Serving:
10 flour tortillas
shredded lettuce
green onions, chopped
15 oz. can Mandarin orange segments
Siracha (optional)

Combine first 5 ingredients into crockpot. Cook on low 6-8 hours or until pork pulls apart easily. Shred pork. To serve, place on tortilla, add lettuce, green onions and orange segments. Serve.
* I added a bit of the Mandarin orange juice to the pork to make it a bit more juicey, too. yum.

Comments