Salmon with Lemon Couscous




The Original Recipe:
This left something to be desired. I don't know if it was just us, or what, but we didn't care for it much. I had this leftover butter/seasoning from the Italian Shrimp Bake I had made a few days prior. I had a good bit of it leftover, and I didn't want to throw it out, so I searched for a way to use it. I mean, this was good and we ate it, but the couscous needed a lot of extra flavoring added. It was so bland. I added lemon pepper seasoning, salt, dill, turmeric,  garlic powder, and onion powder to try and give it some more taste (aside from the fresh lemon that I did use). The fish was good. I love fish. All fish. I used the butter/lemons from that Shrimp Bake on top of it, then I doused it with the dill to bake. So, I am posting this because it might tickle someone else's fancy more than it did ours. If so, then I am glad I shared it with you! :)
Salmon with Lemon Couscous via about.com
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients:
·         1 lemon
·         1 Tbsp. olive oil
·         1 onion, chopped
·         1 cup frozen baby peas
·         1-3/4 cups water
·         1-1/4 cups plain couscous
·         1 lb. salmon fillets
·         1 Tbsp. olive oil
·         1/2 tsp. salt
·         1/8 tsp. black pepper
·         1 tsp. dried dill weed
Preparation:
Preheat oven to broil. Squeeze lemon juice from lemons and grate 1 tsp. zest; set aside. In heavy skillet, saute onion in olive oil until tender. Stir in peas, lemon juice and water and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous, cover, remove pan from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes.
Brush salmon fillets with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and place, skin side down, on broiler pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and dill. Broil for 8-10 minutes per inch of thickness, 6" from heat source. (Or, if using frozen prepared salmon fillets, bake or broil as directed on package.)
Serve salmon on couscous; sprinkle with lemon zest. Serves 3-4 

Comments