Tip: Perfectly Shredded Chicken

The Menu:
Perfectly Shredded Chicken


The Original Recipe:
I found this on Pinterest. I don't have the link to the site that posted it. However, I read through it real fast and remembered this great tip. It is so much better than standing there with 2 forks and hot chicken, or even waiting until the chicken cools in order to shred it. If you're like me, I use forks, knives, or this other gadget I have that is like a fork, but with lots of spindles. I can never get my chicken perfectly shredded. This may use a bowl and paddle to wash, but it's totally worth it! You will not go back to unorganized shredding ever again.

You can make the chicken however you want. I am going to use my chicken for salads, so I marinated it in Italian dressing, brought the chicken to room temp. and seared it on each side, then covered it and let it cook through. I then deglazed the pan with a bit of water and dumped the whole lot into my mixer. This will work with bbq shredded chicken, chicken for soup, etc.

Tip: Perfectly Shredded Chicken

2-4 chicken breasts, fully cooked (you do not need to let cool and you do NOT need to cut up in advance)
1 Kitchen Aid Mixer with Paddle attatchment

Dump each (whole) chicken breast into mixer, turn on low until chicken starts to break apart and then you can turn it up another notch. In a few minutes you will have perfectly shredded chicken with none of the stress of hand shredding.

Comments

How funny, I saw this on Pinterest also and just tried it out yesterday. It is such a great trick! I don't think I'll ever shred chicken any other way again!

Leigh
A Taste of the Best
Andrea said…
Ahhh, another reason for me to want a stand mixer! Cool idea!