Pepperoni Pizza Muffins
The Original Recipe:
I didn't have yeast to make pizza for Friday night, but I wanted pizza! I found this great alternative. Pizza muffins! My teenager and his girlfriend (*gasp! I am old enough to have a teenager--with a girlfriend!) said they tasted like the chedder biscuits from Red Lobster, but with pepperoni. I personally didn't think so, but that is a good comparison. I added a ton of pepperoni and 2 types of cheeses. It was stringy when I pulled it apart to eat it. YUM!
Pepperoni Pizza Muffins 4.8 from 6 reviews Print
Recipe type: Entree
Author: Crystal @ SimplyBeingMommy.com
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 23 mins
Total time: 38 mins
Pepperoni Pizza in a muffin.
• 3/4 cup flour
• 3/4 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 4 oz turkey pepperoni, diced
• 3/4 cup milk, 2%
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1/2 cup pizza sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and oregano. Whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella and pepperoni and let stand for a few minutes.
2. Stir the batter and divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, about 18 to 23 minutes.
3. Warm pizza sauce in the microwave for about 15 seconds or heat on the stove in a small sauce pan. Serve the muffins with the pizza sauce for dipping.