Bacon Mushroom Swiss Meatloaf

The Menu:
Bacon Mushroom Swiss Meatloaf
I know, my pictures are horrible lately with this yellow light... I need natural summer light back!

The Original Recipe:
I bought some mushrooms on sale, and I needed to use them up. This meatloaf was so good. I loved the stringiness of the cheese and the bacon and mushrooms. OMG it was like a bunless hamburger. It doesn't have any sauces in it or on it (like ketchup), but I didn't think it need it. My kids did use bbq sauce and ketchup to dip though, but I thought it was perfect with out anything. I served it wtih Hasselback Potatoes.


Bacon Mushroom Swiss Meatloaf


Amy – amylz

All recipes - Yields: 6 servings



12 ounces chopped raw bacon

1 small white onion, chopped

5 button mushrooms, chopped

1 1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef

1 egg

1/4 cup evaporated milk

6 ounces shredded Swiss

cheese, divided

1/2 cup corn flake crumbs



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).



2. Place bacon in a skillet and cook over medium heat until the pieces are browned. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease. Stir in onions and mushrooms, and cook until soft. Remove from heat.



3. In a large bowl, stir together beef, egg, and milk. Stir in the onion and mushrooms. Mix in about 4 ounces of Swiss cheese, and all but 1 tablespoon of bacon. Stir in cornflake crumbs, and mix until well blended. Shape into a loaf, and place in a meatloaf pan.



4. Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour. Drain fat, and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon. Return to oven, and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.

Comments