Hasselback Potatoes

The Menu:
Hasselback Potatoes

The Original Recipe:
These are floating around the Internet, so I decided to try them. They are good. I didn't find them all that spectacular as they have to bake, what seems like, forever. However, on a more positive note, my kids ate the whole potato! They really liked them! I can live with that. I found this on Pinterest via http://www.seasaltwithfood.com/2009/05/hasselback-potatoes.html I skipped the garlic (I didn't think my kids would like it.) and doused them in butter!

Hasselback Potatoes


Ingredients


6 Medium Size Potatoes

2 - 3 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced

2 Tbsp Olive Oil

30 g Butter

Maldon Sea Salt

Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Method

Preheat the oven to 220˚C (425˚F). Put the potato on a chopping board, flat side down. Start from one end of the potato, cut almost all the way through, at about 3 to 4 mm intervals.


Arrange the potatoes in a baking tray and insert the garlic in between the slits. Scatter some butter on top of each potato. Then drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Bake the potatoes for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes turn crispy and the flesh is soft.



I used Sour Cream mixed with Chives and Garlic to top mine. Yum!

Comments