Tuscan Garlic Chicken
The Original Recipe:
This reminded me of Olive Garden's Chicken Scampi dish, which I LOVE!! Oh happy days! I cannot say that I would make it again, however. It was a bit of a lengthy recipe compared to what I am used to making. With 4 hungry boys and a husband, this was a big process for me. But, I am sure that if you make it, you will love it!
I didn't change to much, though. I will just make notes at the end of this recipe. I think it needed some more flavor, in all honesty. I kept adding salt, but it just wasn't enough (and I do not use a lot of salt in my dishes, ever). I think some chicken bullion cubes will add the extra "oomph" that it needed. So, see my notes at the end. Overall, this was a fantastic dish and so comparable to that favorite dish of mine.
Tuscan Garlic Chicken
3 lb(s) Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cup(s) Flour, plus 1 tablespoon
1 Tbsp Salt
2 tsp Black pepper
2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
1 lb(s) Penne pasta (*I used Linguine)
1 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
1 Red pepper, julienne cut
1/2 cup(s) White wine
12 oz Heavy cream
1 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
Preparing the Chicken:
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, black pepper and Italian herb seasoning in a shallow dish. *I would add some garlic powder, or even use some chicken seasonings from McKormick.
*I cut my chicken breasts in half to make them flatter--or you could flatten/tenderize them. I think it makes it even better this way!
- Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Sauté the chicken in batches, in a large, nonstick, ovenproof skillet - with enough oil to coat - over medium-high heat for about two to three minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crisp.
- When finished, transfer the skillet to a preheated oven at 350 degrees F. Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Preparing the Pasta:
- Cook pasta al dente (or according to package instructions).
- Drain and set aside until needed.
*I would add 1 chicken bullion cube, in the water the pasta cooks in.
Preparing the Sauce:
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1/2 to 1 fluid ounce of oil in a sauce pan. Add the garlic and the red pepper and cook for approximately one minute. *I would use atleast 3 heads of garlic, smashed.
- Slowly add remaining one tablespoon of flour and stir to combine.
- Next add the white wine and bring to a boil for about one minute. Add the cream and bring to a boil.. Complete by stirring in the parmesan cheese. * I would also add 1 chicken bullion cube in with the wine (or instead of wine, use 1 cup chicken broth). Make sure you season with salt and pepper after you add the heavy cream.
Preparing Tuscan Garlic Chicken Entrée:
- Partly coat the pasta with the sauce, transfer to a large bowl (or individual dishes) and then top with the chicken, the remaining sauce and extra Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy.