Weekly Supper Planning

I know that I have been slacking on my posting latley. The fact is -- I have been making meals that I have all ready posted! I have really slowed down on copying new recipes to try. I know, bummer, right!?! Another fact is that we are very busy since school started. I have two boys in soccer, one boy in marching band, and one boy who takes piano lessons. Can we say busy? Busy! See it wasn't hard to say, and it's not hard to admit that we are truly busy. Five nights a week. So, a nice menu will have to suffice in lieu of a new recipe review. (Ok, total honesty here. I have made 2 new recipes since I last posted. One of them I don't have a picture to share. It's for Pumpkin Spiced Latte made in the crockpot! Yes, the crockpot. So yummy. The second one is off season, but I made a faux Key Lime Pie. It was good. It didn't get gobbled up by my family, but it was taken to a pot luck where they downed it in no time flat. I will share some day. Soon. I promise.)
The Menu:

Monday- Asian Glazed Drumsticks, (yes! It is a new recipe, but I do think with 41 degree weather and rain, soccer practice may be cancelled tonight.) snow peas and rice.

Tuesday- Unstuffed Zuchinni Sausage Skillet. I have had this zucchini sitting around awhile. I need to do something with it! Since I recall my kids loving this, I will make it again.

Wednesday- Baked Penne Pasta I am not a big red sauce and pasta fan (*gasp! I know!) However, this dish is just good. It's one of my new "go-to" recipes that is a favorite of everyone in the family

Thursday- Salmon Pattie Sandwiches , Cheesy Broccoli and Rice (nice and simple!)

Friday- Hard and Soft shell Tacos (refried beans, taco rice and loose ground taco meat with toppings) It's Friday night, who wants to cook? I also need to pack something for my teenager since his game is an away game tonight. Comforting tacos...

Saturday- Pennsylvania Dutch Ham and Noodle Casserole (quick and easy)


** Upcoming Dishes that I want to make, but in no particular order
 (I have been rummaging through the cupboards and found a few things that I should use up):

*Shake and Bake Chicken (I found that I have a packet of this just sitting around. Interesting, since I am not sure when I bought it.) I will dip the chicken in BBQ sauce and then the shake and bake and then bake it. I will probably bake some french fries to go along with them. A veggie, too. Broccoli sounds good.

*Hamburger Stroganoff probably with some type of veggie. Right now green beans sound good.

* I have some tilapia to use up. For some reason one of the top recipes on my blog is Long John Silver Fish Batter. So, sure, we can make that soon, too. I will probably make Mac and Cheese and some (fresh frozen) corn to go with it.



***Recipes that I have been making as of late that required no blogging since I have all ready blogged about them. Yet worthy of mentioning so that I can show we do love the foods I cook, and I do make them more than once!

Crockpot Beef Barley Soup


Chicken Bruscetta Bake


Crockpot Cheesy Potato Soup


Kowboy's Chili


Zesty Crockpot Meatloaf with Roasted Cauliflower


Kowboy's Home Made Sloppy Joes

Comments