Pumpkin Crisp

The Menu:
Pumpkin Crisp
Finished Product! Yum!

Before Baking-Look at all that butter!

After Baking-Nice and golden brown

I let it cool a bit before I flipped it out. It held together Nicely

The Original Recipe:
It's that time of year again to start using pumpkin. This recipe comes from a long time school friend. She posted it as a note on facebook, and I just knew I had to make it in order to share at our church's weekly book group meeting. This is a sweet and highly fattening dessert, but it is so worth it especially when you get to share it with others. It's like a pumpkin pie with the most amazing crust ever topped with the most fantastic topping ever for pumpkin!!!



PUMPKIN CRISP


32 ounces of canned pumpkin

1 can evaporated milk (12 oz. can)

1 cup sugar

½ teaspoon cinnamon

3 eggs

1 box yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)

1 and a half cups of chopped pecans

2 sticks of butter melted

TOPPING:

1 oz cream cheese

1 carton whipped topping (cool whip found in freezer aisle)

½ cup confectioners sugar

Mix together the pumpkin, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and eggs. Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 pan (I used a glass pan) lined with wax paper (this keeps the dessert from sticking to the pan).

Crumble the dry yellow cake mix over the pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, then pour melted butter over the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Turn upside down onto a platter and remove the wax paper. Allow to completely cool. When completely cooled, cover with topping mixture and refrigerate.

*I subbed 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice for the 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. I used a 29oz. can pumpkin instead of 32oz. because I couldn't find that size. It worked out fine. Make sure you let it cool completely before putting the icing on.

 
 
 
Some other Pumpkin Recipes:
 
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
Pumpkin Oatmeal Baked Pudding
 
Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake (by Paula Deen)

Pumpkin Dip (to use with Apples or Graham Crackers)

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Pumpkin Bars (one of my all-time favorites!)

Comments

Jenna said…
I guess that's why it's an ideal treat to share with friends (like, say, at our Bible study, hmmm . . . =). The fat gets evenly distributed instead of all centering on me! Heh heh. Seriously, this looks delicious as well as decadent.