Pizza Tot Casserole

The Menu:
Pizza Tot Casserole

The Original Recipe:
Why didn't I ever think of this!?! This was super good. My one son said "Now this is a supper I like." So funny! I know I saw this on a blog somewhere, but I cannot find where. I just did a basic pizza as far as what toppings the kids like, but you can add more. This will be in our rotation from now on. Yum!

Pizza Tot Casserole

1lb. ground beef
1 jar pizza sauce
10-15 slices pepperoni, chopped
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 bag frozen tator tots
*additional toppings optional

Preheat oven 425 degrees. Crumble and brown the ground meat until done, add sauce, pepperoni and heat through. Pour into 13x9 casserole dish. Cover with Mozzarella cheese *(add any other additional toppings you would like such as mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes, onions, ham, whatever you like on your pizza!). Top with tator tots covering top. Bake in oven uncovered for 30 minutes or until tots are crispy brown.

Comments

Julie said…
We love tater tots, I'm sure they're great with the pizza flavor, yum!
Anonymous said…
Tryed it, and loved it.
Anonymous said…
Would spaghetti sauce work?
4*KowBoys said…
Spaghetti Sauce would work as long as you use the pepperoni and other pizza flavorings. You could use tomato sauce and add onion, garlic and basil to make your own pizza sauce... It's all about the basil, imo, to make the pizza sauce different from spaghetti sauce...
Lady July said…
Thanks for the yummy recipe! We LOVE Pizza Goulash which is just pizza sauce with all the fixin's over elbow macaroni so when I saw your recipe I had to try it right away. Pizza Tot Casserole may well become the new favorite... :-)
ciara massie said…
Making this for dinner tonight and I am so excited to see how it turns out!! :)
Making this tonight!!!!
Unknown said…
Amazing! !! Will be making this again
Heather J said…
Glad to see I'm not having any trouble getting onto your website today :-) We tried this recipe tonight, changing it to suit our tastes & dietary restrictions & we really loved it! I will be posting what we made with a link back to your original recipe & I'm sure we'll make this again! Thanks for sharing!