Spaghetti Tacos

The Menu:
Spaghetti Tacos


The Original Recipe:
My kids adored these. They have watched ICarly in the past and have always wanted to try these. When I saw Amy write about them, I knew I wanted to make them for my kids. The only thing I did different was to use garden fresh tomatoes that I pureed. I didn't use the spaghetti sauce mentioned, so all those herbs in the sauce were left out. I pretty much made it like I was making tacos, and then I added in about 1 cup of pureed tomatoes. I also used fettuccine noodles, too. They absolutely loved these. My oldest had 2 plates, and then the leftovers for lunch deeming this the best spaghetti I have ever made.

SPAGHETTI TACOS


(luckymommyto2boys ~ Amy)

1 lb ground beef or ground turkey

1 packet taco seasoning

1 cup water

1 jar Sauteed Onion and Mushroom spaghetti sauce

1 box spaghetti noodles

12 hard taco shells

Salsa, optional

Cheddar cheese, optional

Lettuce, optional



Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.

Brown meat in pan until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes, until sauce thickens. Add spaghetti sauce and cook until warmed. Add to noodles and mix thoroughly.

To assemble the tacos, place a spoonful of salsa in the shell. Sprinkle with a small amount of cheese. Finally, finish filling the shell with spaghetti. Add lettuce on top, if desired.

Very messy, but very yummy!

Comments

Julie said…
My kids have pestered me to make this but I've resisted. Maybe I should give it a try :)