Blue Cheese Burgers

The Menu:
Blue Cheese Burgers
MMM! See the bits of blue cheese in there! With fresh chives and a tomato from the garden! YUM!

The Original Recipe:
I have been asking around, Babycenter's Cooking for your family board, for some burger recipes. I have been wanting to try something new, but I don't want them to seem like I am eating meatloaf on a bun. This recipe didn't disappoint. It was delicious! So much flavor! I am not a fan of blue cheese unless I eat it with hot wings and celery sticks! However, this was just good. It was probably the best burger I have ever had!

Blue Cheese burgers
via jpsc recipe from allrecipes.com


3 lbs lean ground beef

4 oz. blue cheese, crumbled

1/2 c. minced fresh chives

1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp black pepper

1 1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp dry mustard



In a large bowl mix everything together, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Preheat the grill for high heat. Gently form the burger mixture in to 12 patties. Oil the grill grate. Grill patties 5 minutes per side or until cooked as well as you like. Obviously we didn't eat 12 burgers, so we froze 6 for dinner at a later date.
Amy's notes: I think next time I will half the recipe and make 6 burgers or even 4 really big burgers!
4kowboys notes: I used A1 steak sauce in place of the Worcestershire (I was out). It worked out great!

Comments

Michelle said…
That sounds good! I'm making Buffalo Chicken Tacos tonight - we must all be in a blue cheese mood!

Michelle
http://michellesdinnerbell.blogspot.com/