Better than Arby's Roast Beef Sandwiches

The Menu:
Betther than Arby's Roast Beef Sandwiches

The Original Recipe:
I found this on Babycenter and with these hot days upon us, I thought this would be perfect to cook. It uses the crockpot, so you don't have to use the oven or even stand over the stove. There is no going out in the heat to grill, so it makes it just about perfect for a hot day. These were good. I made "French Bread Rolls to Die For" recipe to use as the buns. I had plain old hamburger buns, but someone suggested making onion rolls to eat these on. So, I did and YUM!! They were good and perfect for this sandwich! This sandwich isn't anything like Arby's if that is what you are thinking, either. The meat is intended to be shredded, so you get a shredded beef sandwich. The sauce is sweet and oniony.. it was really good. My kids ate their whole huge sandwich! I will make these again. Oh! and YES, leave it cook for 24 hours on low... it's perfect!
* I also melted some velveeta(light), with some milk to make a nice cheesy sauce to add ontop. I also used some bbq sauce (those who wanted it), in place of that Arby's special sauce they use.



Better Than Arby's Roast Beef Sandwiches

1 beef roast -- 3 to 4 lb.

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 pkg onion soup mix

1/2 cup water

1 chopped onion

1 pinch garlic powder

salt and pepper



You just put a 3-4 lb. roast in the crockpot with 1/2 cup brown

sugar,1 pkg onion soup mix, 1/2 cup water, 1 chopped onion, a pinch

of garlic powder and salt & pepper. You let it cook for 24 hours!

I usually start it after dinner in the evening, then stir it in the

morning. By dinner that night - it's ready! They're great on onion buns!

*4kowboy's notes: I used some velveeta cheese melted with milk to make a cheese "sauce" and some of the kids added bbq sauce ontop of theirs, too.

Comments

Julie said…
I love Arby's! This looks like a great copykat recipe...yum!
mobile said…
Hmm a great recipe, very easy to do and delicious. I will give it a try for sure, thanks a lot for sharing.