Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp

The Menu:
Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp

The Original Recipe:
I still had some rhubarb in my fridge, cleaned, and in a Tupperware bowl waiting to be used. I absolutely loved this Crisp. I hesitated to post this because while I really liked the Rhubarb Crunch that I made because it had a bottom layer crunch in it, I just loved this because it was the perfect balance between sweet and tangy. I loved the topping because it was crispy and buttery. Man, I have about eaten the whole thing myself! It is just very satisfying to my taste buds! I have used the previous recipe to make my own.

Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp

6 cups rhubarb, cleaned and chopped
1 cup strawberries, crushed
3/4 cup sugar
1tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup flour

Topping:
3/4 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 stick butter, melted (I used blue bonnet and it has a great butter flavor)

In bowl, combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cinnamon and flour. Stir to combine. Place in 8x10 baking dish.  In another bowl combine flour, brown sugar, oats and butter for topping. Sprinkle topping mixture on top of rhubarb in baking dish. Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

Comments