Garlic Spinach Noodles

The Menu:
Garlic Spinach Noodles

The Original Recipe:
I found this on the No Yolk package of noodles. It looked good, and I am glad I finally was able to make it. I have had this recipe saved for quite awhile now. It came together pretty fast. I actually mixed in some spiral noodles because I didn't have a full bag of  No Yolks to make the whole recipe. My kids ate all of these, so that is a plus in my book! I made it as a side to go with Butter Baked Chicken.

Garlic Soinach Noodles

1/2 package Broad Yolk Free Pasta Ribbons
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
4 large cloves garlic, minced or 1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp. each crushed dried basil and oregeno
1/4 cup cold water or chicken broth
1 tbls. red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. each salt, sugar and pepper
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cook ribbons according to package directions. Rinse with hot water; drain and keep warm. In the same pan used for the ribbons combine onion, garlic, oil, basil, and oregano. Saute over medium high heat about 5 minutes. meanwhile in a small bowl stir together water, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Add spinach to pan along with vinegar mixture; reduce heat to medium-low and cook until spinach is hot. Stir in ribbons; heat through. Removee from heat and toss with cheese.

Comments