Stuffed Shells with Pesto

The Menu:
Stuffed Shells with Pesto


The Original Recipe:
I found this on recipesofacheapskate.blogspot. They were fantastic!! I could envision myself opening a restaurant and making these part of the menu! YUM!! I used 2 cans of chicken, but for my *uh-hum* "restaurant" I could see using some grilled chicken with the seasonings, and then shredding it to use in this. I added some extra basil to the filling, too.


STUFFED SHELLS WITH PESTO


From: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

• 1/2 pkg jumbo shell pasta, cooked

• 16 oz ricotta cheese

• 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced/shredded

• 1/2 pkg (7oz pkg) pesto

• 1 can alfredo sauce

• 1/2 pkg frozen spinach, thawed and drained

• 2-3 cups mozzarella cheese

• extra 1/2-1 cup cheese for topping

In one bowl, mix together the cooked chicken, spinach, ricotta and mozzarella cheese. In another bowl, mix together the pesto and alfredo. Spoon mixture into the cooked and cooled shells. Put some of the sauce in a 9x13 pan, add the shells, and cover with the rest of the sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake in a preheated 350deg oven for about 30-45 minutes, until brown and bubbly, and hot in the middle.

Comments