Rice Pilaf

The Menu:
Rice Pilaf

The Original Recipe:
This was printed off from Menus4Moms website. It was good. I like the peas in there. It's an all-in-one side dish!

I know I have been lacking in the "posting new recipes" department lately. I have actually been trying to make things I all ready have printed out and have made before. I have a GIGANTIC cookbook full of recipes I have collected off of the internet through out the years. I have definitely made all most all of them before. I think my blog has like 300 recipes on it!! I cannot believe I have made that many new dishes! I still do make some recipes that I haven't even posted because they are so natural to me that I don't even think about writing them down to post. I will have to work on that... Anyway, I am trying to get back to the basics around here and to not be so fancy with our suppers and trying a new recipe every night. I have bound my copy/paste/print fingers together so that I will not print out any more new recipes to try. I am going through the recipes I have printed out all ready, whether I have all ready made it before or not, and I am going to be happy about it. :oD At least I know I have printed out a bunch that I haven't tried yet so I still have something to share. (And no one needs to know that I printed them out at the exact time that I was determined to not print anymore out!)


Rice Pilaf

3 T. olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup long grain rice (or brown rice)
2 cups chicken broth
Herbs of your choice (basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano, etc.)

Saute garlic, onion and peppers until tender, add rice and brown lightly. Mix the rest of the ingredients and add to pan. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes (about 40 minutes for brown rice).
* I added curry and tumeric to our rice pilaf and it was great!

Comments