Home Made Christmas Present #3 (non-edible)

The Menu:
Cinnamon Ornaments
(predried)

The Original Recipe:
This recipe is flying all over the internet. I had someone give this to us as a Christmas gift one year, and I still have it. They are very sturdy and smell wonderful. I thought that these would be a great gift for the teachers, bus driver, and Sunday school teachers this year. I had all the ingredients right at home!

Cinnamon Ornaments

Mix 1 cup cinnamon and 1 cup applesauce with 1 Tablespoon of white glue.  You want a consistency that can be rolled with a rolling pin but not quite as sticky or it will stick to your counter!  Sprinkle counter with cinnamon and roll out dough and cut with cookie cutters.  Cut a hole in shape with the straw so you will be able to hang them.  Let dry about 24 hours.  They shrink as they dry.  Cut lengths of gold thread, make loops and hang. they will keep their scent for a few years.  Refresh scent with cinnamon fragrance oil.

* My notes:
I thought it would be adorable to have 1 small star and 1 other larger shape together. I tied a ribbon on a small star and then looped over to the other shape (christmas tree, gingerbread man, large star, and snowman). This way they can hang it over their tree and have 2 ornaments hanging down.

Comments

Krista said…
Love this idea! Thanks for the recipe!