Slow Cooker Irish Potatoes (Side Dish)

The Menu:
Slow Cooker Irish Potatoes

The Original Recipe:
I found this on crockpot365.blogspot, again. She has had some great recipes that I am in need of this time of year--crockpot recipes!! These were great. At first I was thinking, why not just cook them at supper time in some boiling water to soften them and then add the rest of the seasonings... but I found that doing it in the crockpot all day it was less hassle when it came down to fixing supper. I made my Country Fried Cube Steaks for supper which takes up some time and space. I loved that there was not an extra pot on the stove tonight. Delish and a definite, will make again!



Slow Cooker Irish Potatoes-side dish


The Ingredients.

serves 8 to 10

2 1/2 pounds potatoes, cut into wedges (I used Russet, and didn't peel; red would work great too)

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup butter, melted

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 tablespoon dried parsley

2 green onions, sliced

3 teaspoons dried dill

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (might want more to taste if you use unsalted butter)

1/4 teaspoon black pepper



The Directions.
Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Put the cut potatoes and water into the slow cooker (READ this carefully! only potatoes and water so far!).

Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain the accumulated liquid and put the potatoes back in the crock. Toss potatoes with melted butter, lemon juice, sliced green onion, and all seasoning.

Keep potatoes on the warm setting and serve right out of the pot

Comments