Home Made Apple Pie

The Menu:
Home Made Apple Pie




The Original Recipe:
Well, I usually make this amazing Cranberry Apple Pie every year for Thanksgiving. I have never really made my own apple pie before, though. So, I figured I would give it a whirl since I have all these apples on hand! I used my Home Made Pie Crust which is just perfect for this recipe!

Home Made Apple Pie

Ingredients

6 Apples, peeled, cored and thin sliced

1/2 cup Packed brown sugar

1/4 cup All-purpose flour

1 tsp. Lemon Juice

1 1/2 tsp. Apple Pie Spice (cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg)

4 pats of butter for top on apples

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a pie plate with pastry.
 Combine brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, apple pie spice; add the apples. Mix thoroughly. Turn filling into the pastry lined pie plate. Add 4 pats of butter to top of apples. Cover with top crust. Crimp edges. Cut slits in top crust. Bake for 1 hour, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling bubbly.

Comments