Oven Roasted Tomatoes

The Menu:
Oven Roasted Tomatoes
(Sorry, I have no picture!)

The Original Recipe:
This recipe comes from OurBestBites.com. Yum, and again I say, Yum! I made 6 batches of these. I froze them in Ziploc baggies to use through out the winter. (Ok, I used some recently in my... Pizza Burger Recipe!)

Oven-Roasted Tomatoes


A bunch of tomatoes, any variety

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Kosher Salt

Fresh Cracked Pepper

a bunch of garlic cloves



Preheat oven to 325



Cut your tomatoes. If you're using small romas, just cut them in half. Anything larger, quarter them. Half Grape Tomatoes. Place tomatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil (enough to coat everything) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lightly toss together, coating everything.


Arrange tomatoes in a single layer, skins down, on a cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Mince garlic and sprinkle over tomatoes being careful to let most of it drop directly on the tomatoes . Optionally, you can also put whole cloves still in the skin right on the pan (like pictured below) but I definitely prefer it minced on top. Give it one more generous drizzle of olive oil.
 
 
Place in oven and cook for 2 1/2-3 hours, depending on the size of your tomatoes. It usually takes about 3 for romas that are halved. If you quarter them (the ones in my final picture are quartered) they'll get done a little faster. You'll want to just keep an eye on them after about 2 -2 1/2 hours. Your house will smell like heaven. Just take a peek through the window. You'll see the juices have dried up and some of the tomatoes will start to get dark around the edges. Did I mention your house will smell like heaven?

Comments