Fresh Peach Cobbler
The Original Recipe:
I picked a good bit of peaches from my dad's peach tree. I wanted to make something with them, so a good peach cobbler was called for. I googled a recipe and found this on Allrecipes.com. We like to serve ours hot from the oven and pour some cold milk overtop.. Delish!
Fresh Peach Cobbler I
Submitted By: Carolyn
"Peaches and lemon juice are cooked with sugar, flour, and a bit of cornstarch until thick and bubbly. The filling is poured into a large casserole, topped with spoonfuls of dough, and baked until golden brown. Serve this lovely pie with vanilla bean ice cream."
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups fresh peaches - peeled, pitted
1 teaspoon lemon juice 1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. To Make Peach Filling: In a large saucepan combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Stir in peaches and lemon juice, tossing until peaches are evenly coated.
3. Cook filling over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Boil 1 minute. Pour mixture into an ungreased 2 quart casserole dish. Keep mixture hot in oven while you make topping.
4. To Make Topping: In a medium bowl combine flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly, then cut in shortening until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Add milk and stir until mixture is evenly moistened.
5. Remove peach filling from oven and drop dough onto peaches in 6 equal-size spoonfuls.
6. Return cobbler to oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown