Chicken Piccata Pasta Skillet

The Menu:
Chicken Piccata Pasta Skillet

The Original Recipe:
I found a recipe for this somewhere, and I had to make it! I loved it. My husband loved it. My kids, um, not so much. They loved the creamy lemon sauce and the chicken and the noodles, but they didn't love the artichokes or capers. So, I will make this again using a different veggies (probably chopped broccoli), and then they will love it, too! This is the way I made it into my own.

Chicken Piccata Pasta Skillet

3 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 tsp. lemon pepper rub
3 cups water
2 packets msg/sodium free chicken bullion powder
1 small onion, diced
2 tbls. lemon juice
2 oz. cream cheese
14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/4 cup capers
1/2 parmasean cheese
12 oz. multi grain angel hair spaghetti noodles

In large pan, sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper rub. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Take chicken out of pan and set aside. In same pan, add onion, saute until translucent. Add in water and bullion powder (may sub 2 cans chicken broth 1 cup water). Break spaghetti noodles into 3rds and add to pan. Bring to boil and cook noodles until soft. Add cream cheese and lemon juice stirring until cheese is dissolved. Add in chicken, artichokes and capers, top with cheese. Cover and simmer about 3-4 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve.

Comments