Jenni's Lemon Bars- with Strawbery Rhubarb Jam in the mix

The Menu:
Jenni's Lemon Bars

The Original Recipe:
I saw the picture of this, and I knew what I must do with my home made strawberry rhubarb jam!! I found this on recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.
I got many compliments from them as I took them to our ladies night group at the church. I was told they could be wedding cookie material!! woohoo! Thanks Jenni!

My thoughts, though, were that something was missing from the crust. I am not going to rewrite it my own way because I think I still will tweak it next time (yes, there will be a next time.) I think next time I will add some real sugar, maybe not as much flour, or maybe more butter (I used 2 sticks) and possibley some lemon in the crust and/or some ginger...For the filling, I used only 1 cup of sugar because I used my home made jam that had sugar in it. I used about 10 tbls. of lemon. The filling was AMAZING!!


JENNI'S LEMON BARS (turned into strawberry lemon bars)


Recipe courtesy of: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

Base:

3 cups flour

2 cubes butter

1/2 cup powdered sugar



Filling:

5 eggs

2 1/2 cups sugar

1/2 Tbsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

5 Tbsp lemon juice (I usually do more)

1/2 to 1 cup strawberries, pureed



Mix the base and bake at 350degs for 20 minutes in an 11x15 pan. Mix the filling for 3 minutes, pour over warm base, and bake for an additional 25 minutes.

Comments