Hamburger Stroganoff

The Menu:
Hamburger Stroganoff

The Original Recipe:
I probably got this off of the Cooking for your Family board a long time ago. I have had the recipe in my files, and I make it every now and then. I don't know what it was about this time I made it, but everyone loved it. I even had company (my 7 yr. old neice was here), and she loved it, too. She had 2 bowls full!! Quick and easy. I made it as is, and boiled my noodles in water with a low sodium/no msg beef bullion cube for some extra flavor. I also used no msg can of cream of mushroom soup and light sour cream.

HAMBURGER STROGANOFF


1.5 lbs ground beef

1 med onion, chopped

2-3 cloves garlic, minced

1 tsp. Worstershire sauce (or to taste)

butter

2.5 tsps salt (I have tried to reduce that salt, but it just doesn't taste right)

1 Tbls flour

1/8 to 1/4 tsp pepper

1 can healthy request (no msg) cream of mushroom soup (optional-you can also use beef bullion cubes and some water with more flour to thicken it up and add even more flavor)

1 C Light Sour Cream

1 sm can mushrooms (optional)

In a med saucepan saute onion and garlic in butter til softened. Add ground beef, salt and pepper and brown, Add flour to thicken. Mix in cream of mush soup (you can use cream of chicken if you like. My husband hates mushrooms, and the chicken works fine for us.), and the mushrooms if you are using them. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add sour cream and heat through. Serve over cooked egg noodles.

Comments