Baked Chicken Wings

The Menu:
Baked Chicken Wings



The Original Recipe:
I had a 3lb. bag of chicken wings to use up. I knew I wanted to bake them, and I found this recipe. I did it slightly different so my way will follow.

CHICKEN WINGS - Recipe is for 5 lbs of Chicken Wings


Sauce:
1 Beef Bouillon Cube

1/4 cup Honey

1 Cup Water

1/2 Cup Brown Sugar

2 Tbsp Molasses

1/2 Cup Soy Sauce

1/2 Cup Maple Syrup



Put all ingredients above in a small sauce pan and heat until all ingredients are melted and incorporated.
Wings:
Boil the chicken wings in a large pot of water for 20 minutes. Drain & put the wings in large foil roasting pan (you definitely don't want to try cleaning the pan afterwards so this is highly recommended). Pour the sauce over the chicken wings and Bake at 350 degrees for at least 2 hours. You will want to baste & stir the wings for the entire time at least every 20 minutes. You want them to get nice and dark and sticky

The Way I Made It My Own:
This sauce was very different, but I really liked it on my wings. It made more than I had needed, so I had some leftover that I froze to use again. My wings turned out GREAT! They were crispy and tasted as if I had fried them! I sort of used Alton Browns (as found on Food Network) recipe for baking them. They really turned out great!

CHICKEN WINGS - Recipe is for 5 lbs of Chicken Wings

Sauce:
1 Beef Bouillon Cube
1/4 cup Honey
1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Molasses
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
1 TBLS Cornstarch

Put water and cornstarch in a pan, whisk until no lumps are found, put the rest of the ingredients above in a small sauce pan and heat until all ingredients are melted and incorporated and thick and bubbly.
Wings:
Boil the chicken wings in a large pot of water for 10 minutes. Drain & put the wings in large foil roasting pan (you definitely don't want to try cleaning the pan afterwards so this is highly recommended). Refridgerate for 1 hour.
Bake at 425 degrees 20 minutes on one side, flip them over and 20 minutes on the other side. Serve with sauce poured over them.

Comments