Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu

The Menu:
Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu
(well, the picture won't load.)

The Original Recipe:
I found this while surfing one of my favorite blogs.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake


source: adapted from Recipezaar via CassieCraves.blogspot.com

2 cups cooked chopped chicken (a rotisserie chicken works great)

1 package small-diced ham

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 cup sour cream

Salt and pepper to taste

2 cups shredded Swiss cheese

1 box stuffing mix for chicken

Butter and water called for on stuffing box


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook stuffing according to package directions; set aside.

2. In a large bowl, combine chicken, ham, cream of chicken soup, and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (Go light on the salt, since the cream of chicken soup and ham are pretty salty on their own.) Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.

3. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the chicken mixture. Carefully add stuffing in an even layer on top of the cheese.

4. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly
 
The Way I Made It My Own:
This isn't exactly what I did this night. This recipe here is one I have been using for years, and I remembered I had it when I found the recipe above. I haven't made this one in a looong time, so I thought it proper to use one of my own recipes! lol The kids loved it!
 
Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu



Ingredients

6 Boneless skinless chicken Breasts, cubed
5 slices Deli ham chopped (or prepackaged cubed ham)
1 Small onion chopped
1 Medium green pepper chopped
 1 cup Shredded swiss cheese
1 can Fat free cream of chicken soup
 1 cup Water
1 cup Instant white rice, uncooked
 Pepper to taste

Preparation
saute onion and green pepper, add chicken and cook until no longer pink, salt and pepper taste. Add ham, soup, water and rice. Cover and simmer until rice is tender (about 10 minutes.) add shredded cheese, stir and serve



None available.Photobucket

Comments