Arcadian Inn Famous Maple Walnut Cookies

The Menu:
Arcadian Inn Famous Maple Walnut Cookies



The Original Recipe:
I had these most fantastic cookies from a bakery. They were maple with walnuts and they were soooo soft and soooo yummy, and I don't like nuts in my desserts, but these were the BEST!! I growled at the kids for trying to take one, lol.. They were that good! This is NOT that recipe, but something I found would come close. They did, not exactly, but they are still delicious...

*note: I didn't change the recipe, but next time I think I will do 1 cup of brown sugar, and I might omit the white sugar, or only do 1/2 cup (reverse the below recipe) and add 2 tsp. of maple flavoring and omit the vanilla. It was close to the one I had from the bakery, but something could of been different or more or something. Don't get me wrong, these cookies are good (really good!), but not like what I wanted.

Arcadian Inn Famous Maple Walnut Cookies



1 cup butter-flavored Crisco

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1 tbsp. maple flavoring

4 tbsp flour

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. soda

2 cups flour

1 1/2 cup chopped English Walnuts

Cream together the Crisco, sugars, eggs, vanilla and maple flavoring. Add 4 tbsp. flour, salt and soda. Fold in 2 cups flour and walnuts. Drop by teaspoons on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

Photobucket

Comments