Kowboy's Cake

The Menu:
Kowboy's Cake


The Original Recipe:
Well, I had some overripe bananas I wanted to use up, so I invented this cake! I also had some leftover crushed pineapple I had frozen, and it sounded good to add it to this cake. I wanted to use pecans, but I couldn't find them (I thought I had some leftover!), so I used chocolate chips instead... and I ended up with what I call Kowboy's Cake.

Kowboy's Cake

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup applesauce
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs
3 smashed bananas
1 cup crushed pineapple
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (or sub. pecans!)


Combine all ingredients stirring to incorporate. Bake 350 degrees for 45 min. or until center comes out clean with a toothpick.

*You may dust with powdered sugar after cooling for a bit more sweetness or top with Kowboy's Cream Cheese Glaze.


The Original Recipe:
Something I thought would taste good on the cake.

Kowboy's Cream Cheese Glaze

4 oz. cream cheese (half an 8oz. box)
1 cup powdered sugar

heat cream cheese until soft, add powdered sugar. Glaze top of cake.

Comments

Karine said…
Your cake looks delicious! thanks for sharing :)
4*KowBoys said…
Thanks Karine! You know what!?! It is G-O-N-E, gone!! It is very good and moist. It is a dense cake with the bananas in it, but man oh day, sooo good!