Holiday Breakfast Casserole

I was looking for a recipe to use up my english muffins that I have had in the refrigerator for awhile now. I didn't want to use them in sandwhiches or anything like that. I wanted them for a breakfast type dish. I think I overendudlged this morning. Yum!

The Menu:
Holiday Breakfast Casserole


The Original Recipe:
I got the recipe off of Babycenter Cooking for Your Family Board off the internet!

Holiday Breakfast Casserole



Ingredients

Prep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.

•2 pkgs. (12 oz. each) Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage Links

•6 English muffins cut into 1-in. cubes

•¼ cup butter, melted

•1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese

•1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese

•½ cup onion, chopped

•½ cup red pepper, chopped

•12 eggs

•2 cups milk

•¼ tsp. salt

•¼ tsp. pepper

•¼ cup bacon bits



Directions



Cook sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly; cut into ¼-in. slices.

In a greased 13in. x 9in. baking dish, layer half the English muffin cubes and half the cooked sausage. Repeat layers. Drizzle with butter and top with the cheese,

onion and red pepper.

In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over casserole. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Uncover and bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.

Let stand 5 minutes

Comments