Corn Casserole

I have been trying to find different ways that my kids will eat their veggies. They like some raw veggies, but not many. My 7 year old declares that he is a "meatatarian" and will not eat his vegetables. This was a no fail solution. They LOVED it!

The Menu:
Corn Casserole

The Original Recipe:
I found this on babycenter like all of my other good recipes!

Baked Corn



1 (15.25 oz) can whole kernel corn

1 (14.75 oz) can creamed corn

1/2 cup sour cream

1/4 cup butter melted

2 eggs, beaten

1 (12oz) package corn muffin mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour into 9x13 greased baking pan and cook at 350 for 35-45 minutes (until top starts to brown slightly and toothpick from the middle comes out clean.)



The Original Recipe:
I didn't have corn muffin mix, so I made my own. I didn't not premix with the wet ingredients, I just used the dry ingredients for the above recipe.

Kowboys Corn Muffin Mix

1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup corn meal
1/8 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 cup shortening

Mix all ingredients incorporating shortening.  (to make into muffins alone, mix in 1/2 cup milk and 1 egg, beaten. Bake 350 for 20 minutes or until center is firm.)

Comments