April's Stew

I have this friend April. She likes to cook. I like her cooking! She makes things that I wouldn't normally make, but when I eat it at her place, or I try one of her recipes. I love them! I am happy to know April and her cooking.

The Menu:
April's Stew


The Original Recipe:
April had made this with leftover beef/steak chunks of meat. So, I had some leftover steak I chopped up and froze from this summer. I used it in this stew. This probably isn't her exact recipe, but this is about how she told me she made it. So, I tried to do the same.. It was good.

April's Stew

1 1/2 cups chopped cooked beef (I used leftover steak)
2 cans chopped tomatoes
3 cups water
2 chicken bullion cubes (or beef)
1 tbls. balsalmic vinegar
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. basil
1 tsp. minced onion (I used flakes)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 cup rice
1 bag frozen broccoli , cauliflower and carrots mixed
1 can black beans, rinsed
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients into pot. Simmer until rice is done, and veggies are heated through. Delish!

Comments