Strawberry Sweatheart Strudel Muffins

I don't know!? !I don't bake! However, I bought some strawberries on sale at the store this weekend. No one has touched them yet, so I decided to make something with them. Thus, I baked! I am glad I did. Delicious!!

The Menu:
Strawberry Sweatheart Strudel Muffins


The Original Recipe:
I found this on Recipezzar.com I don't bake, therefore, I didn't change the recipe one bit! I am glad I didn't. They are to good the way they are!


Strawberry Sweetheart Streusel Muffins Recipe
For a Romantic touch, bake these in heart shaped muffin tins.

40 min 10 min prep
SERVES 18
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped and tossed lightly in
2 tablespoons flour
Streusel
1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Strawberry Butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1/4 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
Preheat oven to 375°F.


Grease bottom and sides of 18 cup muffin tin/s.
Mix together ingredients for streusel and set aside.
Mix together for the muffins the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
Separately, mix together the milk, melted butter, beaten eggs and vanilla.
Gently mix the wet ingredients into the flour mixture.
Fold in lightly floured chopped strawberries.
Pour mixture into prepared muffin tins and top with streusel mixture.
Bake at 375F for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes before trying to remove them fom the pan (or they will stick).
Finish cooling muffins on a wire rack.
To make strawberry butter, mix together thoroughly the soft butter and powdered sugar. Fold in the strawberries and toasted pecans. Chill until needed and soften before serving on split muffins.


Comments

Sarah said…
oooh, those look yummy!!! We never end up finishing our strawberries (unless I cover them in chocolate....) so this would be a perfect way to use them up! I will definitely have to try this one!