Sausage Stuffed Shells

I have some fresh sausage that I had gotten off of my stepbrother. I have hot sausage, sweet (plain) sausage and maple sausage. I hadn't tried the hot sausage, so I looked for a recipe on the Internet and this is what I found. I am glad I tried it!

The Menu:
Sausage Stuffed Shells
(precooked; stuffed)



The Original Recipe:
I found this somewhere on the world wide web... (of course I had to make it my own, so be sure to keep scrolling down to see my recipe! I think it's much better!)

Stuffed Shells

Ingredients:
1 lb loose hot Italian sausage, browned
3 eggs
1, 10oz package chopped spinach
4 oz ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella
2 cups shredded cheddar
1 box jumbo shells
1 jar spaghetti sauce of choice

Directions:
Cook and drain shells, they should be a little underdone. Mix browned sausage, eggs, ricotta and shredded cheeses. Cook and drain spinach well. Add to cheese mixture. Stuff individual shells with filling. Place in a baking pan and cover with spaghetti sauce of choice. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

The Way I Made it My Own:
I just had to play around with this. I didn't play around much, but I needed to make more than what it called for. I used our friends as Guinea Pigs to share this supper with... I am glad I did, we all LOVED it! I will forevermore use this recipe to make shells! My children ate them; their children ate them... and they had 2nd's!! It was that good!! It is great for leftovers, to freeze and heat up even... sooooo yummy!


Sausage Stuffed Shells

Ingredients:

2 lbs loose sausage (I used 1 hot and 1 sweet sausage)
3 eggs
1, 16oz package frozen spinach, thawed
6 oz ricotta cheese
1 cups shredded mozzerella
1/2 tbls. Italian Seasonings
2 boxs jumbo shells
2 jars spaghetti sauce of choice
2 baking dishes

Directions:
Cook Shells AlDente according to package (I think mine took 7 minutes).
Mix raw sausage, eggs, ricotta, Italian Seasonings, spinach and shredded cheese together. Stuff individual shells with filling. Place a bit of spaghetti sauce in bottom of each baking dish then place shells ontop of sauce in the baking dish and cover with spaghetti sauce of choice.
Cover and Bake at 375 for about 1 hour.



Comments

Sarah said…
Those sound yummy!!! I can't wait to start cooking for my family again! :)