Cajun Chicken Pasta

Again, I made something spicey that I knew the kids wouldn't eat. My husband and I loved it, though. It isn't something I would make all the time, since the kids won't eat it, but it was pretty good!

The Menu:
Cajun Chicken Pasta


The Original Recipe:
I found this on the Internet. I didn't change a whole lot to this recipe, so my *note is under the recipe. I loved that this is an all-in-one dish. Kind of like a chicken helper meal.. but healthier!


Cajun Chicken Pasta

Ingredients:
3/4 pound rotini, cooked according to pkg
2 tablespoons butter
2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, sliced 1/2" thick
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch green onion, chopped
2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, or to taste
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
8 ounces heavy cream
1 green bell pepper, julienned
1 red bell pepper, julienned
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated


Preparation:
Cook rotini (or similar pasta) according to package directions. Drain; set aside. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic, onions, Cajun or Creole seasoning and ground black and red peppers. Add bell peppers and mushrooms; stir to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover; stir in cream and let simmer another 2 minutes. Stir in parmesan cheese. Remove sauce from heat, stir in cooked pasta and serve immediately.


* I used a 12 oz. can of evaporated milk instead of the heavy cream. I don't even think 8 oz. of cream would work. I really thought it needed more.

Comments