BBQ Meatloaf

I wish I could keep up with what I make, to post it. I have 4 kids, and I babysit a little boy. Am I crazy, you ask? Nope! I am just busy! Ok, so here is another yummy recipe that my kids loved. I didn't know how I was going to make it. I make meatloaf so many different ways. I like how this turned out!

The Menu:
BBQ Meatloaf


The Original Recipe:
I made this up as I went along! I used a lot of meat because we feed a lot of people around here!

* I say to use "ground meat" because I used Buffalo meat. It is what I had in the freezer. You ask, why do you have buffalo in the freezer? (boy, you ask a lot today!). It is because we live on a farm, well, not directly, but my dad does. We get ground beef (deer, cow, etc.) from them, so I just happen to have buffalo. Nope, he doesn't even have buffalo on his farm.. it came from my stepsister, who lives by my dad, who lives on the farm, who got the buffalo from someone else they know! :o)


BBQ Meatloaf

2 lb.s ground meat*
1 packet onion soup mix
1/2 cup Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce (original)
2 eggs
1/3 cup bread crumbs
Topping:
2 tbl.s extra BBQ Sauce


Combine all ingredients, well. Top wtih 2 tbl. extra sauce. Place in 8x8 baking dish. Bake 350 for 30-45 minutes or until no longer pink inside.

I use a square dish for my meatloaf. Those bread loaf pans just don't cut it for 2lb.s of ground meat. Sure, it fills it up, but it takes FOREVER to bake!!

Comments

Sarah said…
Oooh, this is one I will definitely have to try! Hubby would LOVE it! And what a great idea to use an 8x8 pan instead of a loaf pan! I'll definitely have to do that next time! I HATE how long it takes to cook in the loaf pan!