Smoked Sausage & Ranch Baked Potatoes

My stepsister has been talking about this recipe for awhile now and it has been calling my name to make it. So I did. YUM!!! and can I say again YUM! And can we say WOW to the new camera!! What awesome pictures! Nice and clear.. Wow! It's a Sony Cybershot. I have no clue how to use it, lol.. but I think it did good!

The Menu:
Smoked Sausage (this really is sausage people! My hubby just doesn't like this picture, haha)

Ranch Baked Potatoes


The Original Recipe:
My stepsister gave this to me. It is sweet, but the sausage integrates with the mixture while it cooks all day and it just turns out Delish! I don't know why this is called Smoked Sausage. It is sweet and sour to me... I added in the part about the green peppers and onions and put (optional) beside them. I didn't make them this time, but it would of tasted AWESOME with them! So, I added it into the recipe, so I don't forget to do that next time I make this!




Smoked Sausage

2 cups brown sugar
2 cups ketchup (Heines is a must)
2 cups 7-Up
2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
Uncle Charlies Sweet Italian Sausage Links

Serving Suggestions:
Hot Dog Buns or Hoagie Rolls
green peppers; julienned (optional)
yellow onion; julienned (optional)

Combine first 4 ingredients in crockpot; stir. Add sausage. Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours until sausage is cooked through.
10 Minutes before you serve, saute up some green peppers and onions, in olive oil, on the stove until onion is translucent.
Serve on buns with sausage, green peppers, onions and juices from crockpot. YUM!!


Side Dish:
I don't know if this is a recipe. It has to be because I think I saw it somewhere before, so that is why I tried it! They are soooo good! I will make these again and don't know why I never have before!


Ranch Baked Potatoes
1 packet Ranch Dressing packet mix
4-5 Red Potatoes; cubed
2 tbls. olive oil

Place potatoes in Ziploc bag. Add oil, add ranch packet mix. Shake to coat. Dump out onto cookie sheet and separate evenly across pan making sure not to crowd the pan to full. Bake 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes until tender.


Comments