Home Made GoldFish Crackers

I made these today and they are so addicting. At least I think they are. Two out of Four kids really liked them. I know the little boy I babysit will love them, too, so that is Three out of Five! They taste like little cheesey biscuits. Maybe I needed to cook them longer to get that crisp, but really, they were good! I used some black pepper in place of the white pepper, and next time I won't add as much salt. I don't really think it needs that much. Oh, and I used 6 tbls. of water to the 3/4 it calls for to get it into a clump.

The Menu:
Home Made GoldFish Crackers
(dough ball from food processor)
(rolled and cut into squares)
(Finished baking and delish!)

The Original Recipe:
I found this on the Internet. I have read good reviews on them.
Home Made Gold Fish Crackers

1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. white ground pepper (optional)
4 TBSP cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
3-4 TBSP water

Pulse the flour, salt and pepper, then add butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add grated cheese a little at a time until the mixture again resembles coarse meal. Pulse in 3 to 4 tablespoons of water, one tablespoon at a time, and only enough so that the dough forms a ball and rides the blade. Remove, wrap in plastic, and chill for 20 minutes or up to 24 hours. Roll the dough out to 1/8th-inch thickness directly onto a baking sheet. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut 1 inch squares, then bake at 350° F for 15-20 minutes or until crackers are golden brown. If the outer edges your pan are done but the crackers in the center still need a few more minutes- remove crackers on the edges and bake the center crackers for a few more minutes. Remove from oven and recut any squares that may be stuck together. Store in an airtight container for up to one week or freeze.

Comments

Sarah said…
I definitely want to see how these turn out for you and how you think they stack up flavor wise to the real deal! I would love to be able to make my own!